Saturday, April 27, 2013

It's 1:34 am. As I'm typing this I'm sitting on my bed with the Little snoring softly next to me in hers. Im tempted to go pick her up and pull her under the covers next to me because there's something about the smell of the top of her head that I've always found comforting.

So it's been almost four months. It's crazy how fast the days get away from me, yet most often time seems to stand still.

I'm starting to feel like myself again. I've certainly taken a beating these past few months, and never thought it possible to finally come up for air. But I am oh so blessed. Blythe reminds me everyday. Whether it be a picture she drew for me, or telling me she loves me for the 58th time that hour, or crawling into my lap for just a few moments to be close to me. Motherhood, as hard and painful as it can sometimes be, has been my saving grace.

One thing I've learned is that the world keeps on turning, every day, hour, minute, second. And life can change with every breath you take. But it's good. Oh so good.